This How-To will provide details on how to convert the Parked (Alias) domain to an Addon domain.
Please note, email is NOT removed when you remove the Parked domain. However, it is advised that you create a backup of the account before performing any changes.
How to generate a backup of my entire cPanel account from the command-line interface?
Backup for cPanel - full-backup
- Log in to cPanel as the user for the account with the parked domain.
- Open the "Domains" interface.
- Click the "Manage" button to the right of the domain you want to add as an Addon domain.
- Click the "Remove Domain" button.
- Click the "Yes, Remove This Domain" button.
- In the "Domains" interface, click the "Create A New Domain" button.
- Enter the removed parked domain's name to add in the "Domain" text box.
- Deselect the "Share document root (/home/username/public_html) with “domain.tld”" option.
- In the "Specify the directory where you want the files for this domain to exist" text box, enter "public_html" if the "Restrict document roots to public_html" Tweak Settings is off. If the "Restrict document roots to public_html" Tweak Settings is on, remove any text in the text box.
Please note, if you do not want the domain to share the contents of the primary domain, enter a different folder name in the "Specify the directory where you want the files for this domain to exist" text box.
- Click the "Submit" button.
How to place document roots for addon/subdomains outside of public_html