Upgrading your license
You can upgrade your license in the cPanel Account Store using the Upgrade tool in the Manage Licenses menu. The new license will be immediately active, but the server itself will need to be refreshed to grant any privileges provided by the upgraded license.
Note: The information in this article is not applicable to cPanel Partners. cPanel Partners should contact Customer Service directly to inquire about license conversions.
To upgrade a license, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the cPanel Store account.
- Navigate to the Manage Licenses interface.
- Locate the license you want to upgrade.
- Under Actions, click the drop down arrow. A menu will appear.
- Click Upgrade to upgrade the license. An Upgrade License window will appear.
- Select the desired package from the menu.
- Click Save changes. The system automatically adds the new package to the cart.
- Proceed through the checkout process.
The upgrade should occur immediately and the cPanel Store will prorate the upgrade cost if necessary at the time of the upgrade. To update the license key file on the server, run the following command via SSH as the root user:
What if I want to downgrade the license in the future?
This process can only be used for upgrades, not downgrades. See the article Downgrade a cPanel & WHM License