Upgrading a license can be taken care of in the cPanel Account Store using the 'Upgrade' tool in the 'Manage Licenses' menu. The new license will be immediately active, but the server itself will need to be refreshed to grant any privileges provided by the upgraded license.
To upgrade a license, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the cPanel Store account.
- Navigate to the Manage Licenses interface.
- Locate the desired license.
- Under Actions, click the dropdown arrow icon. A menu will appear.
- Click Upgrade to upgrade the license. An Upgrade License window will appear.
- Select the desired package from the menu.
- Click Save changes. The system automatically adds the new package to the cart.
- Proceed through the checkout process.
The upgrade should occur immediately and the cPanel Store will prorate the upgrade cost if necessary at the time of the upgrade. To update the license key file on the server, run the following command via SSH as the root user:
Note: The information in this article is not applicable to cPanel Partners. cPanel Partners should contact Customer Service directly to inquire about license conversions.
This process can only be used for upgrades, not downgrades. How to downgrade/convert a cPanel & WHM License