You can upgrade your license in the cPanel Account Store using the "Upgrade" tool in the "Manage Licenses" menu. The new license will be immediately active, but the server itself will need to be refreshed to grant any privileges provided by the upgraded license.
Note: The information in this article is not applicable to cPanel Partners. cPanel Partners should contact Customer Service directly to inquire about license conversions.
To upgrade a license, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your cPanel Store account.
- Navigate to the "Manage Licenses" interface.
- Locate the license you want to upgrade.
- Under "Actions," click the drop down arrow. A menu will appear.
- Click "Upgrade" to upgrade the license. An Upgrade License window will appear.
- Select the desired package from the menu.
- Click "Save Changes." The system automatically adds the new package to the cart.
- Proceed through the checkout process.
The upgrade should occur immediately and the cPanel Store will prorate the upgrade cost if necessary at the time of the upgrade. Once complete, update the license key file on the server by running the following command via SSH as the root user:
If you are looking to downgrade your license, you should utilize our other guide: