You may wish to allow Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird email clients to discover and configure their email accounts automatically.
Warning: The Autodiscover feature doesn’t work with email addresses that you add in the following mail clients:
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Outlook 2019
- Microsoft Outlook for Office 365
- Any mobile mail client.
Enabling the "Thunderbird and Outlook autodiscover and autoconfig support" option will create the needed records for all cPanel accounts.
1. Log into WHM as 'root'.
2. Open "WHM / Server Configuration / Tweak Settings" then open the "Domains" tab.
3. Find the following option, and 'Enable' it by choosing 'on':
- "Thunderbird and Outlook autodiscover and autoconfig support (enables service subdomain and SRV record creation)"
4. Click 'Save' at the bottom
The process will create the needed records for all cPanel domains on the server, and place them in the cPanel DNS server.
Example of the records:
autoconfig 14400 IN A 10.2.32.216
autodiscover 14400 IN A 10.2.32.216
_autodiscover._tcp 14400 IN SRV 0 0 443 cpanelemaildiscovery.cpanel.net.
If you would like some more information regarding the process, please view the cPanel AutoConfig and Autodiscover documentation.