The use of private/custom nameservers is fully supported on cPanel & WHM systems, but must first be set up with your domain registrar. The following are the instructions for setting this up with OpenSRS.
To register with OpenSRS, perform the following steps:
1. Click Name Servers at the top of the interface.
2. Scroll down, and click Create or modify a name server which is based on...
3. Scroll down.
4. Enter the name (for example:
ns1) for your ﬁrst nameserver.
5. Enter the nameserverʼs IP address.
6. Click Create Name Server.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 to add your second nameserver.
More information is in our documentation here: