The use of private/custom nameservers is fully supported on cPanel & WHM systems, but must first be set up with your domain registrar. The following are the instructions for setting this up with GoDaddy.
To register nameservers with GoDaddy, perform the following steps:
1. Under the Domains heading, click All Domains.
2. Locate the domain for which you wish to set up your nameservers.
3. Click the gear icon and select Manage DNS.
4. Click the Settings tab.
5. Under the Host Names setting, click Manage.
6. Click Add Hostname.
7. Enter the primary nameserver's name (for example,
ns1) in the Hostname text box.
8. Enter the primary nameserver's IP address in the IP Address text box.
9. Click Add.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 for your secondary nameserver (for example,
11. Click Save.
12. Click Edit Nameservers.
13. Select Custom.
14. Enter the full hostnames of your two nameservers. (for example,
15. Click OK.
16. Click Save.
The interface will process your request and display "Set Nameservers: Your request has been submitted. Changes may take a few moments to take effect."
More information is in our documentation here: