The use of private/custom nameservers is fully supported on cPanel & WHM systems, but must first be set up with your domain registrar. The following are the instructions for setting this up with DireectNIC
To register with DirectNIC, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your DirectNIC dashboard.
- Click "My Services" at the top.
- Find the domain you'd like to modify.
- Under "Details," click the "Edit" button next to "Custom Name Servers."
- Enter the hostname and IP address of your desired nameservers.
DirectNIC has instructions on their own site that will be updated by their team if this procedure ever changes: