The use of private/custom nameservers is fully supported on cPanel & WHM systems, but must first be set up with your domain registrar. The following are the instructions for setting this up with DireectNIC
To register with DirectNIC, perform the following steps:
- Click Domain Manager.
- Click the Change Nameserver Information icon next to your domain.
- Click the Create Nameserver link at the top of the interface.
- Enter your nameserverʼs hostname (for example,
- Enter the appropriate IP address.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for your second nameserver.
More information is in our documentation here: